2. Benjamin's favorite movie as of late is "The Sword in the Stone." He however calls it the light saber movie. I don't think he's learned about swords. In our family it seems to be all about "light sabers."
3. I went to Tanner's first Parent / Teacher Conference last week. It was good and bad. Good: he had all straight A's for his grades and is at the top of his class for reading and all things academic. He does great work. HOWEVER, he is disruptive and talks too much and fights with a couple of the other crazy kids in his class. He doesn't understand when it is socially normal to stop talking. HHhhmmm, kind of reminds me of someone else I know but won't name right here. . . . I think another problem is he gets bored. So hopefully his teacher will find a way to keep him busier so he won't get into so much trouble. Its kind of a situation where I feel like I really don't know what to do. But we'll keep doing our best to work on it! I was, however, honestly surprised with his scores. He's always done GREAT with numbers and all things math, which they haven't even gotten to much yet in kindergarten, but I had no idea he would pick up reading so quickly. Phonics work I guess!!!
4. Lately my boys are hardcore wrestlers. I don't really understand boys need for this activity but they certainly seem to enjoy it. Although its gotten to the point where I cannot watch. I'm always afraid someone is going to get hurt. But if I can hear them laughing, then I figure they haven't lost any limbs yet.
5. Along with the wrestling / rough housing has also come the occasional fight. Benjamin is starting to get kind of mean. He hits, pinches, grabs, all things hurtful. Especially with Tanner of course. Which is weird because Tanner honestly never has been a kid to do any of those things until now because of course he will retaliate when Benjamin bugs him. And Benjamin is a pest. So this results in a bit of fighting. The thing is, and I recognize I am probably really weird for thinking this way, but I kind of like it. It kind of makes me laugh. I guess its cause I feel its normal and I like to see them participate in these normal little boy / brothers type of activities. It would get old if it was a lot or all the time, but I don't mind the occasional little fights. They are boys and maybe the biggest part of it is I like to see Benjamin interacting this way. I know its strange.
6. Saturday was our Relief Society's Super-Saturday. It was a lot of fun but I learned an important lesson. Do not sign up to do the two longest projects. Its impossible to finish them in time! Luckily I had people help me finish everything for the most part. There were too many cute things to make - and such great deals compared to what you could buy them for!
7. Friday night we went to BYU's first basketball game of the season against Fresno State. It was lots of fun and fun to have a sell-out in the Marriott Center! We invited our neighbors the Gomez family to come along cause they have four boys who love sports and had never been to a sporting event. They loved it! My parents were also there and Katie and Nic too. My parents were staying the night at our house that night so we sent our boys home with them after the game and went to Chili's with Katie and Nic to help celebrate Nic's birthday. SO nice to not have the boys for once. And really, there is not much in life that is better than Molten Lava Cake. . . . mmmmm.
8. We are so excited for the holidays! But I'm beginning to realize I'm really gonna have to set aside some time for some hard core piano practicing. I've been asked to play for a lot of Christmas activities/programs already from Tanner's school to church, which is something I've not really had to do much of before. So it will be fun - hopefully we can just fill our house with Christmas music this year - we'll have to.
9. So my fantasy football team is driving me nuts. Last week my high scorers were my defense and my kicker. Something is wrong there. And it seems that every week no matter how hard I try to play the right players, I always manage to pick the wrong ones. It also doesn't help that Austin Collie is injured because my qb (peyton manning) is not racking up the points I need like I'm so used to him doing! Sorry for the rant. I'm sure no one who reads this really cares.
10. While at super-saturday I had a kind of weird experience or really moment. I was just listening to a couple ladies in our ward talk about their husbands and their obsession with football and or sports and how annoying it could be. They were saying how they can't even stand to be with them during games and how they would like to get rid of the tv so they couldn't watch sports, and how they always had to watch sportscenter. It made it sound like it was such a bad or horrible thing to be into sports and like them. Such a waste of time. And I sat there thinking, but that's how I am. I LOVE football and basketball and look forward to this time of the year because we get to watch them BOTH! Even though the NBA isn't my favorite its nice to be able to turn on the tv and there is always at least a basketball game to watch. (Especially since the Jazz are doing SO great lately. Really fun.) And even though its probably viewed as really bad to most people (women) we even watch an occasional football game on Sunday - when its one we really care about. Or really we usually just take our Sunday afternoon snooze to one. So I sat there and wondered, am I a bad person? Does the fact that I like sports so much (ok mostly BYU but still it is a borderline obsession) a bad thing? I realized that I really cannot relate with most women about this because all these things they might not like in their husbands are things that I also do. It just so happens that sports are something both my husband and I enjoy together rather than something that tears us apart. I don't mind watching sportscenter. Anyway, I know I'm rambling now but sitting there in that Super-Saturday I felt like there probably wasn't anyone else there who felt the same way I did about sports. In fact most of them would probably think I was crazy if they really heard me talk about them. Not that it matters much but I guess I wondered if something is wrong with me. That or my husband is REALLY lucky.
5 comments:
on # 10-I'd go with Spencer is really lucky. Just ejoy the fact y'all can share that time together. That's what matters.
I'm going with the Spencer is lucky interpretation, too. Actually, I find it really hard to understand why it should bother the other ladies that their husbands are so into sports. Even if they aren't particularly into sports themselves, isn't it a good thing that their husbands have an interest they can be passionate about?
So glad you came to Super Saturday and got your projects done! I think it's great you love sports and I'm sure it brings you and your family closer together! All families need to find common interests and make memories!
Totally agreed, Spencer's just lucky! So fun to read the update. If you want to escape a minute during Thanksgiving, come on over!
Cami is really into the Sword & the Stone right now too, and weirdly enough, has also been hitting, kicking, etc. her sibling lately! (Though with him being 11 months, I don't really like it at all!) Chris was glad to hear you are passionate about your fantasy team even though things aren't going so well, and I'm not going to tell him about #10, or he will just be jealous! Always enjoy the updates :).
Post a Comment