1. First off we had an ultrasound on Thursday and not to brag or anything, but I was completely right. What can I say? I know how to read my body and my feelings. We're having another boy! We are pretty excited - we kinda like the boys we have so why not add another? Tanner is excited. I think at first he wanted a girl, but now he's excited for another brother. Benny knows there is a baby in my tummy, but I'm not sure he really gets it. Well he'll be in for a surprise!
2. We took the boys to the ultrasound and Tanner thought it was super cool. Benny was wild of course. He thought it was fun to sit in a dark room and wrestle daddy. They did a very thorough job on the ultrasound to make sure everything was ok. I've never had one like that but I was grateful. The brain was the first thing she checked out and the cerebellum almost the first thing measured - and everything was perfect - measuring at 20 to 21 weeks just as it should. I felt relief after that measurement even though I'd already felt that all would be well. After that I knew everything else would be normal too but it was still nice to check all the organs and everything that I never knew was important for them to check! It will be strange to have a strong baby again. And the way this one has been kicking me for over a month or two already I have a feeling he'll be super big and strong!
3. Yesterday was a very fun day at another BYU football game. BYU of course got a good blow-out against not such a great team but it was still fun to see our offense finally have success again and really just look like a BYU offense. But it was probably almost as fun to see the utes get creamed as we kind of suspected they would by TCU. It cracks me up how they thought they were so good when in reality they hadn't played a single good team all season until TCU! Of course you are going to look really good if you only have cupcakes on your schedule! Makes me laugh how no one was bringing that up after the game. . . .
4. We had a sort of "surprise" stake conference today. We had our real stake conference about a month ago but a couple weeks ago they announced we would be having another "special" stake conference today. There were lots of rumors flying about why this would be happening but it turned out that the church is starting to do more of these more often so that we can all have the opportunity to have visiting authorities speak at our stake or something. BUT anyway it was awesome. We had Elder Bowen from the Seventy come. Our stake president started out with a short great talk but then the remainder of the time was left to Elder Bowen to speak. It was really fun to have a general authority there to use the whole time to speak and really teach us. It was an amazing talk which greatly focused on the temple. Even though we will have a temple only a few minutes away from us in the next couple years we really need to make sure we still take advantage of our other temple during this time. Its only 30 minutes away after all!
5. While I was taking my turn with Benjamin out in the hallway I ran into a lady in our stake whom I'd known from taking Benj to physical therapy. She has a daughter a bit older than Benj with some challenges too. We started talking about how our kids were doing and how they were making progress and things - they really have a lot in common physically actually so it was fun to talk to someone who really knew exactly what was going on. But as I was about to leave she made the comment how Benjamin was saying so many words and talking and I was like "yeah he really talks a lot these days" ya know and she just kind of said "wow, I wish she would do that. It would be amazing for her to talk." And I was just like, "Yeah that would probably be hard." And then I just left cause Benj was crawling into the room to find daddy but it made me really think - holy cow as hard as things can seem for your child it really is harder for so many others. I felt kind of bad and hope I run into her again, but I guess the point is it made me realize how lucky I am. Even though Benj was crawling around on his belly and couldn't keep up with the baby playing around him at least he can talk and communicate and we know the level of his intelligence. I will be forever grateful for this - I've never doubted how bright he is.
6. So this past Wednesday Spencer had what you could call an "out of body experience" at the temple. And I really probably shouldn't make fun of this but for some reason it was pretty funny to me at the time. We were just doing some sealings and he had done about 3 sheets of sons to be sealed to their parents - which is actually a lot at a time - and all of a sudden he said he didn't feel well and before we knew it - he was out - had completely passed out on the altar! I was like what is he doing and I jumped up and tried to pull him up but couldn't get him to budge and a couple seconds later he woke up and two men helped him up. He was white as a ghost but I could not help but laugh for some reason! I don't know why it was funny, but for some reason it was. He was totally fine I think it was just the way he was kneeling and he wasn't getting the circulation he needed after doing so many names. I was like "I'm the pregnant one. I thought I was the one who was supposed to pass out." But yeah, anyway, so that was his experience. I think it happens a lot during sealings actually. Almost everyone there had said they had done the same thing before. So we learned that if you are going to kneel for a long time, make sure you wiggle your feet and keep the circulation going!
7. Have I mentioned that I am so grateful for good friends that we schedule trades with so we can each attend the temple regularly and not worry about babysitters? Its truly a great blessing. (So what if we never get to go on dates? At least we go to the temple right??)
8. Halloween. Oh yeah, I can't believe its already over and we are well into November already! Time really flies. So Halloween was great. Tanner got to celebrate for three days in a row since he didn't have school Friday they had their Halloween parties on Thursday, and Friday was our ward trunk-or-treat, and then Saturday we went trick or treating! He loved it so thats all that matters. He still has a ton of candy left. I guess I should be grateful he doesn't pig out and eat it all at once! We had fun Halloween night with my parents and Daniel coming down too. The only problem I came across with it all is why oh why does Benjamin have to have such darn good taste in candy? He eats only the chocolate. What can I say, he know's what is good! Its just too bad there isn't much left for mommy:(
I did not get good pictures this year but oh well. Tanner surprised us this year
and wanted to be a scary Frankenstein. Usually he's been scared of everything,
but this year it was all about being scary.
9. Tanner had to have some dental work done this week. So since he last went to the dentist six months ago, he has had a couple new permanent molars grow in, and they already somehow had cavities in them! The new teeth! So apparently the dentist said he just has really weak enamel and we'll probably have to get him in quick right after all his permanent molars grow in. Not fun. He's going to have to really watch his teeth-brushing his whole life or all his teeth will rot out! I've always had great teeth so who knows where he got this from . . . ;)
10. We've been re-reading the 7th Harry Potter book before the movie comes out in a couple weeks. Man, I really don't remember anything! I must have read through it so fast when it came out that I missed all the details! So excited for the movie though. . .
5 comments:
Congrats on another boy! At least you'll know what you're doing, right?! Life sounds pretty good for you currently & I'm happy to hear that. :)
AHHH, another boy! I am SOO excited for you! You guys have the cutest boys so keep them coming! haha! Love the boys costumes this year for Halloween too. Sounds like you guys had fun! :)
Fun update...your Utah bashing made me laugh! I'm so excited for you new little one! Hope you are doing well!
So now it's my turn to catch up on YOUR blog. Congrats on baby number 3! We are having baby #4 but it's our third boy, and although I was really hoping to have another girl-- I love seeing my boys play together. It's so fun to read about your adventures. You are such a great Mom!
Rachel. I got on your blog just to find out what you were having. (Since I'm out of the loop for a while) You should have 3 boys, just like I should have 3 girls. Heavenly Father is such a jokester. I hope you're feeling good.
Post a Comment