Sunday, October 24, 2010

Sunday 10 (7)

Aaaggh its been a long time again. I've wanted to blog but just not found the energy.

1. So I don't want to be a huge complainer, but I'm going to complain anyway. I have been sick for about 3-4 weeks now! Just as I was starting to feel better pregnancy wise, I get a bad cold. And its one of those that doesn't want to go away. The worst of it has been my cough. This cough does not want to stop. I went for about 2 weeks without much of a voice - thankfully that is better and I am starting to control the cough better now too - but its not fun! Especially when you're pregnant and limited in the drugs you can take. Not that drugs have helped anyway. . . . And I have been pretty limited in my energy. It seems like one day I'll be good and then the next will be really bad again. So hopefully I'm done with that and can get on with life because I'm starting to go a little crazy! This is the part of the pregnancy where I'm supposed to feel good right and I'm missing it!

2. A little over a week ago we took a short break from my going craziness and went on the hayride out to the pumpkin patch at the red barn. We feel so lucky to live so close to this awesome and beautiful place. So fun. The boys always love it of course and it was one of those perfectly gorgeous fall days we had been having.


See? He's crazy.

3. My Grandpa Peel's funeral was what about 3 weeks ago? Yeah right towards the beginning of my sickness. One sad part was during the funeral all of the grandchildren were supposed to sing a couple of songs that my grandfather had written - the words of which were awesome and so beautiful - and I love to sing but of course that day I had no voice at all. I don't know why but it made me feel bad I couldn't help sing those songs in remembrance of him. The funeral services were awesome and it was great to be able to think about my grandpa and how wonderful he was. One point that was made during the funeral was how our family has always been so lucky to be surrounded by such gentle, loving, amazing men - my grandfather being one of them of course - but from our great-grandparents, grandparents, uncles, brothers, spouses, in-laws, we have truly been blessed to be surrounded by men who not only hold the priesthood, but who honor it. Its truly a great blessing that I don't think I realize enough. Not many people in this world can say the same thing and I truly have been personally blessed because of it.

This was a wreath of flowers at the funeral in the shape of a 'Y' since
BYU sports was one of my grandfather's greatest loves. In fact, his love for BYU is probably where it started for my family. We're just carrying it on.

It was very cool to see the military honors given him at the cemetery. I've never
witnessed that before and it was definitely special.

The grandson's as pall bearers

4. Benjamin is crazy. I think I've mentioned this but he truly is. I don't know what made him so crazy he's just too full of energy. One of his favorite things to do lately is play with the light sabers. And he's violent - you have to stay away or you'll get hurt. So funny and cute though. I don't know what I'm going to do when I start getting even bigger though. He's getting extremely difficult to carry and control!

5. Despite BYU's horrible season so far in football we really have had fun. Its fun to have our basement to watch games in, and its fun to go to games when they are playing at home. I will admit though, we are way excited for basketball season this year. November 12th is almost here! There's nothing better than having football and basketball together at the same time.

6. So yesterday seemed to start out as a horrible day for football but turned out to actually be great - in fact one of the funnest football games we've gone to yet! So about an hour before the game it started POURING. Really raining. We were hoping it was just in Santaquin, but no it was pouring in Provo too. We were like why are we taking our kids to a game like this?? I mean we have sat through plenty of games in pouring rain and snow, but with kids its different! So I will admit we were heading down to the stadium in sour moods wishing we had planned on a babysitter for this game. However, the closer we got to the stadium the slower the rain started to get until finally it really wasn't raining at all by the time the game started! What made it even more fun was that because of the rain a lot of the wimpy students who sit right below us didn't come, and so my whole family, parents, Katie and Nic, and my bros etc all moved and sat down below where we had ample space. The crazy thing is it didn't rain anymore for the rest of the game! But as soon as it was over, it started to rain again. It was meant to be. It was perfect. Plus because of all the space by us my boys had tons of fun playing and mostly wrestling in between the bleachers. It was great. We didn't have to entertain them and could actually watch the game for once. And BYU even won, although it wasn't too pretty. So it was a great day for football anyway. Its just goes to show you can be blessed when you're faithful.

7. So my pregnant brain is no longer allowing me to be able to think of anything else to write about right now. It seems I just have long stories today anyway so that's enough.

2 comments:

Mikelle said...

Glad you are enjoying coug football even in a miserable year! Get feeling better and let me know next time you'll be up in Davis county!

Sycamore Girl said...

I think that it is funny that your post #6 is the longest one and it's about BYU Football. Your Grandpa Peel didn't know what he was starting when he began rooting for the Y! Haha!
Oh, and I love the "Mommy Brain"...do we ever go back to 'normal' after we're done having kids? I think not. boo.