Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sunday 10

My friend Becky does this really cute thing on her blog called her "Sunday 10" and I've always thought it was such a good idea. And so I asked if I could copy her and try it out on my blog. I'm hoping it will be something that will at least get me to post more often and keep track of things throughout the weeks. But it also might just turn out to be 10 random things that come to my mind at the moment. So here goes. . . .

1. It seems like everyone always talks about January and how it is such a long awful month to get through. But I feel differently. For some reason I have come to really enjoy the month. At least I am this year. This past week as we have been getting our lives back to normal from the holidays I have been so grateful and felt so excited for this next year and all the things it may bring. I feel like its a clean slate that I can start everything brand new and just plain be better than I was last year. It also helps to be busy though too I guess. . . . I like being busy!

2. One thing to look forward to in this month for me is Tanner's birthday! Anyone have any ideas how to do a birthday party for a 5 year old? Likely a Star Wars theme. Likely with a bunch of 4-6 year olds? Its my first time.

3. BYU basketball is also something that keeps me happy. Its nice to have a game or two to look forward to each week!

4. Tanner is obsessed with calendars. He has several in his room and is constantly printing them off from www.starfall.com. Is this normal?

5. Spencer just introduced Benjamin to wet willies today. I think it was a mistake. He won't stop.

6. I enrolled Tanner for kindergarten this week at CS Lewis Academy! SO weird but at least I still have until next fall before it becomes reality.

7. I really hope Jimmer Freddette gets over mono quick. It is just the worst timing too - right at the peak of his season - right after his 49 point game!

8. Instead of buying pizza for dinner on Friday I actually made it all from scratch! It turned out really good. Friday night is now officially homemade pizza night at our house.

9. Benjamin is now at the height of his "Cars" obsession. Is 2 1/2 the peak? He literally screamed for over a half hour today during sacrament meeting because he wanted cars (daddy only packed trucks), and to watch the movie "Cars." I thought we would miss the terrible two's with him.

10. I am just feeling plain grateful lately. I don't know why Heavenly Father has given us so many blessings. When everyday so many people around us are losing their jobs and their houses and having to make so many difficult decisions in their lives I just feel so lucky. We are truly blessed and I hope I can be worthy of everything I have been blessed with and strive to be better and serve more each day.

6 comments:

Sycamore Girl said...

I love this. Its simple and random. Perfect. I may venture...
We do homemade pizza for Friday nights at my house too. I'm still on the search for the perfect dough recipe, and its not EVERY Friday night, but I hope to continue doing it for when my kids are older. Pizza and a movie- and OUR house!
I look forward to next sunday's 10.

Eden said...

I love how honest and positive you are. What a fun mom!

Bob said...

I like the Sunday 10! Keep it up. Maybe I'll start a weekly pizza night at our house too.

Jill said...

Great post! I can't believe our boys are 5! Good luck with the party. I went simple and just invited a couple of Jordan's friends to go rock-climbing at the rock wall. And thinking about them going to kindergarten really makes me want to cry.

Rebecca said...

Love the calendar quirk. I wonder every day if some of Jed's habits are normal. Luckily, I don't think there is such a thing as normal.

Mikelle said...

I too love the Sunday 10. I'm glad things are going well. Mikaila would LOVE it if I made pizza once a week, but I think it is a lot of work...so she gets it much less!