Monday, January 25, 2010

Sunday 10 (even though its. . . Monday)

Life has been busy / crazy but I really want to find time to write down some of these things in our lives so that I don't forget! I already missed last week so I have to try and get something down this week. I feel like I have so much to say. . . .

1. Tanner turned 5 years old on Sunday!!! I can't believe he is that old. I mean I can, but its still weird sometimes. He has grown and learned so much so fast and I can't believe that the first five years of life with him are over! I love him. He drives me crazy (everyday), but I love him. He's too cute not to love.

2. So he was way spoiled. We had his first birthday party ever with friends on Saturday. We invited his whole primary class and then a few neighbor friends. I think everyone came except one person - so that equaled - complete chaos. Birthday Parties are really harder than they look and I definitely think they will only be on an every other year basis. But he had fun and that's all that matters.

3. After the party we headed to "Pirate Island" in the afternoon to celebrate with my family. We had to keep it a secret that we were going there because for some reason Tanner has always thought he was scared of pirates. So when we got there and he saw the sign he started to get mad - so Spencer had to carry him in - and at first I think he might have been a little scared - but after few minutes with his uncles and looking around at things I think he decided it was actually a pretty cool place. He actually loved it and had a blast. Way better than Chuck e cheese - at least the food is and the atmosphere - but arcades are overrated. Still a way fun place to go with your kids every once in a while. Benjamin LOVED it. I had no idea.

4. We had a busy week with the various therapists, playgroups, and preschool was at our house last week too. Not to mention trying to get ready for a birthday. There is the constant house cleaning that never ends. But its fun.

5. A highlight of the week for me was our spontaneous splurge to buy me a Kitchenaid that I have wanted for so long!!!! There were some serious good deals going on on Amazon and my husband is not one to pass up on a super good deal online. Especially since we get free two-day shipping on Amazon. So I cannot complain about anything for a LOOOOONNNNGGG time. I think he's blackmailing me but I don't care. I LOVE IT! I have used it at least once if not twice a day everyday since I got it. I seriously don't know how I ever survived without one. I can't make huge batches of bread with it, but we'll try some smaller batches and see how it goes. . . .

6. Related to the last point, I have really grown to love to cook and bake. Never thought it would be something I would love so much but it is! I may have to devote a whole post to this subject though at a different time. . . .

7. Loving the BYU basketball team this year. SO fun. Its gonna be tough to finish out the year undefeated with some tough conference road games but seriously, this team is special. Its called Jimmer Freddette rocks.

8. I am really enjoying my callings in our ward right now. I have two piano callings. I play the piano in Relief Society (can we say relaxing?). I don't know how long it has been since I've been able to sit in Sunday School WITH my husband and no child, and then also go to Relief Society and not have to worry about anything! I'm loving it. I also am the ward choir pianist which has been a ton of fun. We have a fantastic choir director who picks the most amazing music and I'm a little sad I can't sing sometimes, but its a ton of fun to play the piano too and plus it makes me practice which I love! Its great to have a nice change. Hope it lasts a long time.

9. Benjamin's therapists have brought him a new gait trainer (or basically a walker) to try out for a while to see if he likes it. I don't know why I have a hard time with it, but it looks like a wheel chair even though he is in a standing position while he's in it. Wheel chairs scare me for some reason - I think because I cannot imagine Benny in one. I mean obviously the fact that its a walker and not a wheel chair shows that he won't need one but still these big things scare me. He does like it more than any other type of walker they have brought but its still hard for him. I just need to make myself work with him in it more and not be such a baby. I'm kinda stubborn about things sometimes cause I feel like he's just going to do it on his own in his own time anyway - no matter what we do to help him. But anyway. . . sometimes I'm just a bad mom.

10. We were so excited about the announcement of the new Payson Temple today!!!!! Its so crazy because just last week we were talking to our neighbors that we trade with to go to the temple about how the Provo Temple is always SOOOOOOOOOOO packed and when are they going to build one down here? My friend and I were even talking about trying to watch each other's kids during the days so we could take turns going and boosting the numbers during the "slow" times. So awesome that it was announced just a week later! The spot it will be built is literally a five minute drive from our house. It is going to be so fun and such a huge blessing! I'm sure that a lot will be asked of us down here since we are going to be so lucky to have another temple so close to us. But I'm happy - I hope temple work can always be a huge part of my life.

3 comments:

Allison Hill said...

Ok I love your sunday 10 posts! What a great idea to do every week. I am so excited that you will have a temple so close. And give Tanner a big happy birthday from us. I can't believe he is 5!!!

Mikelle said...

Sounds like things are busy but good! I'm excited for your kitchenaid adventures, your new calling and your temnple! And of course, the adventures with your boys! Wahoo!

Marcy said...

Yea for kitchenaids! Mine is the most important thing in my kitchen! I love reading your bog and keeping up with you all.