Friday, April 4, 2008

Spencer AND Tanner


I always find myself exclaiming "Tanner you are just like your daddy!" I am amazed by the many different ways that Tanner reminds me of Spencer - daily. They are so much alike. Not just physically, but also emotionally, their likes/dislikes, their personalities, etc. Its crazy. Don't get me wrong, he is with me all day everyday so of course I rub off on him too (his affinity for talking on the phone and mocking every phrase I say, putting on chap stick), but you can tell that he just naturally has a lot of Spencer in him! Part of it is probably how much he loves his daddy and looks up to him. He certainly has a great daddy to look up to!

So here is a list of many of the ways I think Spencer and Tanner are alike. (We'll see if Spencer agrees or not.)

1. They have the same noses, ears, face shapes.

2. They have identical body types. I know it seems way too early to be able to tell how tall etc. Tanner will turn out, but honestly, their bodies seem proportionally identical! I am almost positive Tanner's stature will turn out identical to that of Spencer's.

This is a little bit off the subject - and hopefully not too much info - but I have to share. Tanner is way in to being a "Big Boy" right now - of course. And so one night after getting out of the tub and of course running around in the buff for a moment Spencer said something like "you have such a little bottom!" To this Tanner answered very angrily "NO! I have a big bottom! I want a big bottom." We were like "really? you want a big bottom huh?" "Yes." He said. It was a funny moment. Unfortunately due to his genetics he will never have a big bottom, but it was quite funny to us how upset he was over wanting a "big bottom!" I'm sure we'll remind him of this someday. . .

3. They are both builders. Daddy builds houses and lots of other things, and Tanner builds houses with legos. Tanner loves to build and create things - with anything. Blocks, train tracks, play dough, paint, crayons, tents, whatever he can find. They are both quite project oriented.

4. They are both incredibly sensitive. Maybe this just kind of goes along with being male, but Tanner is definitely like his daddy in this. They both hate to get into trouble. . . .

5. They are both dancers. But its gotta have a beat of course.

6. They both love to pose and admire their beautiful selves in mirrors! (it is so funny to catch Tanner looking at himself in the mirror. He thinks he's hot - as does his daddy:))

7. They are both climbers of trees. (and lots of other things too I might add) One day at the park Tanner scared me half to death after climbing half way up this huge pine tree! He had followed some bigger boys up there - I knew he was over there with them but I didn't think he could climb it so I wasn't worried. I was holding a sleeping Benjamin so was slightly impaired. I finally heard him calling for me - I could not believe how high he was! He could have been severely injured had he fallen. Luckily the older boys were nice and helped him climb down. Which I was surprised he was able to do pretty well with a little help. Later that day when I told Spencer he was like - oh yeah - I was always climbing up really high in trees when I was little. I was like - great.

8. They have the same eating habits. Spencer is a mood eater. He loves one thing for like a week or so, but then he gets sick of it and is off to something else he loves. Tanner is the same way. He is SUCH a picky eater. One day he will eat something and LOVE it and eat it all gone, and the next day he will not touch it. It is so frustrating sometimes. . . .

9. They are both quite athletic. Yeah, its way early to say that Tanner is athletic - but he's got a daddy who is already teaching him everything he knows about sports. He does need a competitive edge though - I think its too early to tell if he is very competitive yet. But since I don't know anyone on either side of our family who isn't competitive. . . .

10. They love to watch sports. Yes at 3 years of age Tanner already loves to watch sports. He loves to go to sporting events. He knows all the right times to cheer and does so very loudly!

11. They enjoy the same reading material in the bathroom. Its so funny - even though this bathroom reader that Spencer has doesn't have any pictures and is really quite large - Tanner has to sit and look through it while he sits on the potty.


12. They are both great little helpers and fixers!


I love them both so much!!!

5 comments:

Bob said...

That potty picture will be great blackmail years from now...:)

Coops said...

I love to see how much they have in common! My kids were cracking up about the big bottom story. It also made me think of Spencer and I dancing and singing to "Baby got back". Thanks for sharing!

Ready for the big game tomorrow? Rock Chalk J Hawk Go KU!

Rachel Durazzani said...

Cute! Isn't it great to see your child/ren taking after the man you fell in love with? Anyway, loved the stories. It's fun to read your blog...even if I do see you every week!

Jake & Bec said...

How sweet! It's amazing how we eventually grow up to be like our parents even though we promise we will never do things like they did. Examples like this explain it all.

Chris said...

ah, i want a little boy! i wonder how similar me and nat will be...