I need to document our trip before all our great memories get lost in my foggy brain! A couple weeks ago we returned from a trip out to Kansas City to visit all our family and also have a family reunion we had altogether down at Table Rock Lake (near Branson, MO). We had a wonderful time! It is always so great to see all of Spencer's family again and makes us sad that we can't see them all more often. We always have so much fun together. So we were grateful to have this opportunity to get out there again! This was the first time we've driven out there with kids. I have a feeling we'll be having quite a few family road trips out there through the years.
So the actual drive out there was really not so fun. Three little kids in the car for 10 hours a day - 2 days in a row is interesting. There was lots of screaming and craziness but what do you expect? Good family memories at least. I ended up spending most of the time sitting in the back by Jameson. He struggled. I kept offering to drive for Spencer but I think the real reason he wouldn't let me drive is he didn't want to have to be in the back with the boys and deal with them. But anyway, we survived and it was fun to be able to talk to the boys about different things we saw on the way and let them experience new things in new places.
On our way out on the second day of driving when we were getting close to being there we made a stop in one of those towns in the middle of Kansas somewhere. It was the first of the humidity we had felt and it was 90 degrees! After coming from such a cold and rainy spring here in Utah it felt amazing! We found this little park and stopped and let the boys play on this really long slide for a few minutes.
The boys had some time to swim and relax in the pool at Spencer's parents house. Benj is still talking about the pool there. They had a blast! For some reason I took a lot of pictures that day but then not so much many of the other days. At least I know Spencer's mom took a lot of good pictures so we'll have those I may have to share eventually!
Spencer's beautiful mother with Jameson
This is how I found daddy and Benj after a busy day
We arrived on Friday night so we had the weekend to recover from our drive and spent a little time with some of the family before heading down to Branson early Monday morning. The whole family was able to be together for about 3 days. Spencer's parents planned a wonderful reunion for us all that turned out so much fun. We stayed in some really nice condos right on Table Rock Lake and had tons of fun swimming, riding in the boat, hanging out, visiting, and eating some wonderful food that Spencer's mom had planned for us. The cousins all had tons of fun playing together. We also spent a couple days at an amusement park there called "Silver Dollar City" that was lots of fun. Just super hot. Hard for us Utahn's to adjust to the humidity and heat but we survived. Spencer grew up out there and he struggled. But honestly after how cold it had been in Utah I kind of enjoyed the heat.
I wish I had taken more pictures but the boys had a blast going on all the rides at Silver Dollar City. We were able to get wet on a lot of the rides which helped a ton. Benjamin had a lot of fun. He was obsessed with the roller coaster in the kid area and probably went on it 7 times. Tanner enjoyed the big roller coasters too. I went on a roller coaster with him where I truly was scared and screamed a lot and he was so proud that he didn't scream and was so brave. Anyway, it was a good time with all. We all had a bright green family reunion t-shirt to wear so it made it easy to keep track of all 35 or so of us while there. It was very helpful!
View from back of Condos
Rides with cousins!
There were so many great moments and times had with everyone playing games and having fun. Hard to catch them all but I guess these are the highlights. This picture below is Benj spending some quality time with some of his girl cousins - watching some Barbie movie no less - lucky him. Cousins are the best.
We were able to spend a few more days with family in Kansas City before we had to head home. Since Spencer had never taken me to one of the famous bbq places in KC he wanted to take me this time. So one night we headed out with all the siblings to "Oklahoma Joe's" one of the popular places to go. It was amazing I must say. Before I had thought that bbq was just bbq and the same wherever you go. But no. This place was truly amazing. I seriously could not stop eating. Also fun to enjoy some Sheridan's Frozen Custard afterwards! It was just great to be out with all the siblings and no kids!! (besides Jams)
Everyone's smiling faces and happy tummies
I seriously don't know how I have been so blessed to marry into such an amazing family. I love them all so much and always have such a great time together. It makes you really realize that it really is just about family. This life is a test so that we can be blessed beyond measure someday and have all that we truly want - which is to be together with our families forever!! So glad we can have such good relationships and work and help each other out here so that we can all reach this eternal goal. Anyway, it was such a great trip. Besides the driving. But well worth it! Just wish I got more pictures of everyone!
1 comments:
sounds like a lot of fun. I seriously wish there was a cheap way to get places and not have to drive! Hope your summer is going well!
Post a Comment