Sunday, May 15, 2011

Sunday 10

(Found my camera cord!)

It has been so long since I've done a Sunday 10. Thought it might be a good way to catch up on the past few weeks - its been so busy!

1. We were able to bless Jameson in our Sacrament meeting on the 1st of May. It was such a great Sunday! We were able to have Spencer's parents out here from Kansas City and Katie and Nic of course. And then my parents and brothers, my grandparents and even great aunt Beverly here for the blessing. The blessing Spencer gave Jameson was beautiful. It was such an emotional and spiritual day for me. Loved having family with us to share such a special day with us. I felt and feel so blessed to have such a great family and to have been blessed with 3 beautiful little boys. So grateful for the priesthood and how it blesses our family and for my husband who worthily uses it for our benefit. It was a great day.

I didn't get many great pictures with my camera - but I know Grandma Rowe did! (So if you read this mom could you get a chance to send us some of the pictures you took?)

2. The next day was also great as it was Benjamin's 4th Birthday! After quickly opening presents that morning Tanner headed to school and Benjamin to preschool. After they both arrived home we had talked daddy into taking a half day at work and so picked him up from work and then headed straight to the zoo where we met Spencer's parents for a beautiful and very fun day! We didn't get there until about 2:30 so it wasn't crowded, and it was one of our very first sunny days, so the animals were super active and it was just a perfect way to spend Benjamin's birthday all together. After the zoo we all went to Chuck-a-Rama - one of the boys favorite places of course where we met up with Katie and Nic and enjoyed a birthday dinner. Very fun for him to be able to have Grandma and Grandpa Rowe here for his birthday!

We did cake and sang Happy Birthday on Sunday with everyone. See all of you who make amazing cakes for your kids birthdays? This is my version. Make a cake. Put toys on it. Maybe someday I won't be so lazy.

We did Toy Story 3 characters on it since that is one of his current obsessions

He's also obsessed with this School Bus that he got for his birthday!

3. We were also lucky to have Grandma and Grandpa Rowe spend the rest of the week with us! We had fun playing together, watching Tangled and Toy Story 3 a few times, hanging out, eating food, making freezer jam, getting ice cream from the Red Barn, taking walks and just being together! I enjoyed having mom keep my kitchen clean for me all week! So nice!

4. A few little Benj tidbits. Benjamin loves lots of things and is always telling me about what he loves or what is his favorite. It changes daily - he has a new favorite truck everyday. But one thing that never changes that I think he loves more than anything in this world is his milk. And here is the picture to prove it.


5. Benjamin's prayers can be pretty funny lately. He kind of has a few things he always says in his prayers but now he likes to try to sneak in all this extra stuff that he wants to bless. And its always so random - just like whatever he sees in the room. And he tries to do it sneakily like quickly try and say a few things under his breath before he moves on in his prayer - as if we won't notice. He has some very blessed toys. Its actually very cute. Glad he wants to bless everything - hopefully its a beginning in understanding prayer??

6. Last weekend was also very fun. We had bought tickets for the BYU Baseball game and a lunch they had before for alumni. We met Katie and Nic there and also Daniel and Trevor. It was a really fun day. The weather was beautiful for once. And who doesn't love J Dawgs? SO tasty. It was Jameson's first ever BYU sporting event and also the first time he'd worn a BYU shirt so it was a big day for him. It was also a big day for me cause I got to meet Bronco Mendenhall for the first time! He was signing autographs at the game so I had to get one for Tanner of course (who had chosen to stay home and go to a friends b-day party instead of come with us.)! So yeah Bronco was super nice - I loved what he wrote on the picture that he signed for Tanner - he said "To Tanner - Choose the right! Bronco Mendenhall. " So cute huh? How many football coaches would say something like that? Its going to be framed and hung up in my boys new super-cute BYU room. How perfect?

Just had to fit in some Jameson pictures somewhere. . . .


7. So speaking of my boys new super-cute room - Spencer has been building bunk beds for the boys for the past several weeks and they are now almost done! They have turned out so cute and just how we wanted! I'll have to do a post on them later. I think their room will be my new favorite room - and the only room in our house that is completely finished so far. And we've lived here how long?? Yeah.

8. After church on Mother's Day we headed up to Farmington to spend the afternoon with my family who all went up there to be with our mom and grandma on Mother's day. It was a nice day. My dad made lots of good food and it was just fun to be with family that day. I'm glad to be a mom!

9. This is the last week of school for my boys! (Kindergarten and preschool get finished a week early.) I'm kind of happy I think. Now I just have to find a way to keep them all entertained all summer! No this summer is actually going to be quite busy. I just hope it keeps getting warmer and stops raining so it will actually start to feel like summer!

10. I've been thinking this week about how busy my life feels sometimes just trying to manage 3 kids and a household without going crazy. I can easily keep myself busy with so many tasks. There is so much to do all the time - and it is all stuff that is important and needs to be done - but I have to remind myself that I first need to be a mother. Sometimes I just have to slow down and do things with my boys. They are growing so fast (especially Jameson which is scary) and I have to make myself remember to enjoy the time and moments I have with them. It is such a privilege to be their mother and I hope I can do my best - because they deserve it. There are plenty of times where I feel like a disaster but hopefully the good times will out-number them. Just my thoughts lately as I've been thinking and perusing this awesome website and how I can be more of a 'deliberate' mother. Power of Moms

3 comments:

Mikelle said...

fund update! And I needed that last one....lately I feel like I always have a project that has to get done in the house or yard....and my kids need my time! Thanks and I still need to see you!

Mikelle said...

Had to comment again...such cute boys and cute pictures!

Allison Hill said...

Oh man, Jameson is SOOO stinkin' cute! You guys definitely make some cute little boys! Wish we lived closer so we could get them together more. Definitely post pictures of the bunk beds. I can't believe Spencer made them!!!