We were able to head up into the High Uintas last week and camp at one of our favorite places - Moosehorn Lake. We camped 3 nights, which, really, turned out to be too much for us. Tanner had an absolute blast. The rest of us struggled for various reasons. But I think that for camping this long we decided either our kids have to be older, or we need to camp with other friends or family. Hard to explain. It was fun, and great to just be our family. And it was absolutely beautiful and so fun to be in the mountains. We did pull up my parents tent trailer so that made it nice. The weather was actually perfect as well. We were worried. But I was very comfortable at all times of the day in just jeans and a sweatshirt. Can't get better than that.
Cute Tanner loved wearing Daddy's fishing vest
View of Tanner and Grandpa fishing on Moosehorn
Tanner catching the first fish of the trip. All by himself too! He was so proud.
Holding his fish. Not a bad size either!
Learning how to 'release' the fish
View from the lake
Mommy and Benny chilled A LOT while Daddy and Tanner fished. Everyday.
Crazy Benny face.
Nice view eh?
Fisherman in action
We hiked over to another little lake. It was a beautiful little hike.
So many beautiful wildflowers!
Daddy even hiked in the waders and wading boots. Nerdy eh? Guess you just never know when you want to stop and fish. And we did. A lot.
Fixing the fishing pole
Benny chillin' on the little bridge with me while Daddy and Tanner fished nearby on Mirror Lake
Our fishing boys at Mirror
Daddy getting one
Once again us chillin
Hoodie boys
Cute Tanner Pose
Benjamin loved riding in the backpack. That was his favorite part of camping!
Teaching Tanner stream fishing at one of Spencer's favorite spots. We had to hike clear in to get there, but apparently its worth it since they caught about 10 fish between the two of them within in an hour.
Tanner had so much fun. He is officially addicted to fishing now I fear.
Benny playing in the dirt with his cars. As always.
We just had to sit there and swat mosquitoes while they fished. Again. At this point I was just like, "Please let us go down to my parents house so we can finally shower!" Which we finally did. Much to my delight!
3 comments:
Josey would be so jealous of this post. Camping for 3 days! He keeps begging me to go, but really, camping with a newborn? Not so fun, and he just doesn't get it. I'm glad you have a better attitude than me! Maybe we can get together at a BYU game this year. We always try to make it to at least one.
I love all the pictures..especially the first family one. It does look like fun...and lots of fishing. I'm too big of a wimp to even take my kids camping one night. I won't tell them tanner went 3.
Rachel!!! You have to call us next time you plan a fun camping trip! We have missed you guys and Andrew would be super jealous of all the time spent fishing. The Uintahs would be a great halfway point for us to meet :) We failed miserably this summer and haven't been camping once! BOOOO! Anyway, I thought about you guys again as we drove down to St. George last weekend. I was hoping we'd have time to stop by and visit on our way home, but we ended up leaving too late. We really do need to get together soon!
Post a Comment