Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Benjamin is 2!

So Benjamin's birthday was almost 2 weeks ago and I'm just barely getting around to blogging about it!  I figured I better get something up before I forget.

It was a very low-key birthday - but fun.  I'm not so good at the big planning.  And for some reason maybe I have been in denial that Benny has turned 2 years old.  But anyway, it came, it was fun, I think he enjoyed it, and now we have a cute 2 year old!

It was a rainy day - but we all headed up to my grandparents house for a barbeque which was very good.  We did the cake and ice cream, opened presents, and then just hung out with family all day!  In the afternoon it cleared out and so we all did the traditional thing that we always do when we go to Farmington - go on a walk down the Lagoon Trail.  It is such a great walking trail and it was such a beautiful day after all the rain. 

Here's some pictures from the day:

Opening presents at home in the morning.  I was surprised how well he caught on to actually ripping and opening the presents.  Big improvement from Christmas!  He has learned since then I suppose.  The biggest hits of course, were his vacuum and broom. Funny Boy.






Opening presents again from Grandma and Grandpa!  The kid was spoiled.



Attempting to blow out candles.  I don't know what happened.  We had been practicing blowing, and when the time came he wouldn't do it of course!  And we had my lazy mommy cake from Sam's Club - but always amazing anyway.  What would we do without Sam's Club?  



Some pictures from our walk - it was beautiful!  I know this is a shot of everyone's backs, but its still a pretty view!


Benny and his buddy cousin Max.



Tanner, Max, and Trevor.  The little boys all love their Uncle Trevor.


Tanner and Max with Grandpa.  They love Grandpa too.


I love their faces here


Max and Benny love each other


And what's a good walk without checking out all the roley poley's and worms?


Crazy kid Tanner pose


Family picture - really not a good one of any of us - especially me as usual - but we rarely take family photos so I had to use it anyway.  The background looks good.


Benny and Max again loving each other.


5 comments:

Mikelle said...

Looks like a fun day....can you believe it's been two years?

Allison Hill said...

Happy Birthday To Benjamin! It's so crazy he is 2! Don't you hate how fast time flies by! They grow up way too fast! Looks like he had a great bday! :)

Sycamore Girl said...

Benny Benny Bo-Benny! A vacuum? A broom? Thats really cute and funny!
Hey, I am throwing Jamie a bridal shower in june- i think the 20th...pencil it in. it'll be in SLC. Stay tuned.

Unknown said...

Way fun! He is getting big :o It's so bittersweet each birthday that goes by...huh.

Joel said...

Am I really that fat?