Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Love my Adorable Boys!

Lately I am just enjoying my silly boys and keep thinking about all the adorable and cute things they do.  So of course I have to share.  Forgive me for my indulgence!

TANNER


Tanner really tries to act grown-up.  He is really into singing lately and has a few actually very long and strange songs memorized that he sings ALL the time.  A couple months ago I had tried to post a video of him singing the whole entire Cougar Fight Song, but the video was too large and I am not savy enough to cut it down.  So I was very saddened to not be able to share his cuteness.  I highly doubt that many 4 year olds have that one memorized.  Some of his favorites are from Scripture Scouts - great cds Spencer grew up with and insisted we get for our kids. They are really good and Tanner LOVES them.  



His other favorite is from a random video Spencer once found for him to watch online of Lego guys marching around.  He loved it because naturally his love of legos, but soon that love moved to love of the song that they were marching to.  Here is a video of Tanner singing it - although not his best performance.  I wonder if anyone recognizes the song. . . .



And here is the link to see the actual video and song.  Pretty good actually.


Tanner amazes us daily with the different things he builds.  You never know what it is going to be but he's always got a plan.  He talks to me about these plans all day long and draws pictures of them in the air with his finger as if to show me exactly how its gonna be.  I usually have no idea what he's talking about, but its cute to see how serious he is about his projects!  He's got to be a future Engineer or Builder or Creator of SOME sort.  He is a realist.  I mean, he has a great imagination, but he doesn't imagine crazy far out things that aren't real.  He creates things that to him are useful.  Its hard to explain, but maybe you know what I mean.  

Lately I've felt like he is maybe starting to tell a few tall tales - but I'm starting to also think maybe I should believe him more.  Just yesterday we were all out playing in our little sand turtle (one day soon we will have a bigger sand box) and I had to run in the house to change Benjamin's diaper.  A couple minutes later Tanner came running in and was like, "Mom there was a frog in the sand box!"  I was like, "huh, a frog. Really?"  We were just out there so I did not believe him at all but I played along.  He was like, "yeah I just picked it up and put it outside of the sandbox." I was just like, whatever.  

So we went back outside and he was like "that's where I put it - right there.  But its not there anymore."  So I was like, "yeah, I don't think there was really a frog."  And then like 2 seconds later I look on the other side of the sandbox and there was this cute fat little toad!!!  I was like Holy Cow there really was a frog Tanner!  I was so surprised!  We couldn't believe that there was this toad here in our rocky dirt hole of a front yard but there it was!  I'm glad I took pictures of it, but then Benjamin's therapist came and so we got distracted and before we knew it it was gone!  We were so sad and looked and looked for it, but he is a good hider I think.  So now our new mission for the summer is to find more toad's!  And I learned to really listen to what Tanner says!  


I think that little toad was the highlight of our week!

These are the only pictures I took on Easter.  I'm so sad.  We had a great Easter anyway!  Here I am attempting to get the boys to cooperate - never works though.  Its more like a wrestling match.




BENJAMIN

Benja is just plain old funny.  He loves to laugh and he loves to make other people laugh.  He makes me laugh everyday.  Here he is doing his crazy scream.


Benjamin also LOVES stuffed animals.  Pretty much any kind.  If he sees one he has to have it and then he gives it just this big old hug!  He'll just hug and hug and hug all his stuffed animals.  Sometimes it has to be three at a time.  And its really funny when he hugs this bear we have that is like 3 times his size!  He also likes to give his stuffed animals lots of kisses.  I guess he's just full of love.


Actually my theory why he loves to hug and kiss things so much is because he spends a lot of his life being held or carried by me.  And its pretty much impossible not to kiss the boy about 17 times a minute while you are holding him.  SO he's pretty much been hugged and kissed a ton in his life by now and he must think that is what he is supposed to with his toys.  Its so funny - he even hugs his teddy grahams sometimes before he eats them.  Because they are bears!  So cute though.  He's just a huggy, kissy boy.  Hopefully this doesn't carry on into his teenage years. . . .

Anyway, here is a video of his hugging skills.



Benny also loves to say "Hi" to everyone - over and over again.  Its very cute.

Benjamin LOVES chocolate.  I mean, I really have no idea where he could have inherited this, but the kid seriously has a chocolate problem - already.  Its probably his dumb parents fault.  I mean who would let their little kid lick the beaters of brownie batter like this?




His other favorite food lately - sand.  He licks his finger, purposely sticks it in the sand, and then licks it off his finger just like its frosting or something.  The kid is nuts.  He LOVES to do things that he knows I don't want him to do.  He thinks he is so funny.


Anyway, I think I needed this.  On all the bad days and all the bad moments its good to remember how much I love my boys.  Sometimes when life gets crazy and I am just done with them, its easy for me to forget how sweet they are and how much I love them - after all they are my life right now.

10 comments:

Bob said...

You have some awesome kids...thanks for sharing!

Allison Hill said...

I loved all your pictures and videos! I am amazed that Tanner knew all the words to that song! And that cracked me up about Benjamin hugging his teddy grahams! They have both grown up SO much since we saw you guys last summer! Glad you guys are doing well! :)

Unknown said...

Huh, funny about the chocolate & sand. Those are Denver's fav's also! I lvoe Benny's hugs video, SO cute. He is adorable! I cannot believe how big Tanner is. WOW!

Eden said...

Cute kids Rachel! I love the scripture scouts!

Marissa said...

We grew up on the scripture scouts, too. They're pretty fun. And some of those songs do get stuck in my head occasionally still.

Mary Jane said...

This makes me miss you guys so much! Thanks for sharing the cute videos and pictures.

Hillary said...

We totally found a toad in the neighbors yard. Where are they coming from?

You're boys are darling. I don't know how to take a video with sound, let alone post it. You're brainy.

Laura said...

That made me miss you guys a ton! I'm glad we will maybe be able to see you a bit in a few days-maybe Max and Tanner can hug it out so that Tanner won't be the hugging victim! I'm pretty sure Max is over the whole hugging thing, but he could suprise me, Tanner brings a lot of love out of the boy!

Jill said...

Thanks for sharing all those sweet things about your boys! They are so cute.

Tiffany said...

You're right... your boys are totally adorable!